Best Glue Ever
The ‘Quick-Stick’ for Paper & Embellishments
- For paper and small embellishments such as gems & jewels, buttons, beads, sequins, charms, punched shapes, glitter and more
See below for more about the Best Glue Ever.
2 oz (59.2 ml)
Best Glue Ever FAQs
Tap the Perfect Crafting Pouch™ onto the sticky area to de-activate it, or remove the glue by rubbing with a glue eraser, use the BEST CLEANER EVER™ if it’s on something that can be washed (test first on fabrics), or… add a gem or other embellishment and cover the glue!
When gluing non-porous materials together, you may need to apply glue to both pieces and let them each dry clear & tacky before pressing them together. (We say may because you might not need to do this.)
It depends as wet glue may seep through the fabric and remain visible. However, if you apply glue to fabric and let it dry to clear, and then adhere more fabric to it, the glue will only be visible through the first side.
Yes and No. It depends upon the type and characteristics of the foam.
- Yes for colorful craft foam like foam sheets & shapes.
- Yes for styrofoam packing peanuts, but no for styrofoam floral shapes (Too many air spaces.)
- Yes for homemade ‘Flower Soft’TM made from styrofoam floral shapes.
- Yes, for cushion foam (polyurethane).
- NO-definitely not for latte foam:)
Yes! Apply gems or glitter to wet glue and let glue cure for 24-72 hours before washing. Turn garments inside out. Though hand washing is recommended, you should be able to machine wash and dry on gentle cycles.
Yes you can! They are as strong or stronger than Glue DotsTM, ZotsTM, GlubersTM or other commercially made adhesive spots. Video: Make Homemade Sticky Spots
Yes. You can then add glitter or let it dry and foil it. Apply a thin layer to your stamp with a foam brush, and wash both the stamp and the brush with soap and water immediately. If you stamp onto fabric and apply glitter, let it dry 24-48 hours and turn the garment inside-out before washing. Video: Stamping with the Best Glue Ever™
Yes. Apply the glue very thinly with the bottle’s fine writing tip or use a small paint brush. Thin applications will dry in seconds and will yield much better finished results. (You can water the glue down a little bit if you need it thinner.)
Remember, the glue remains flexible so it will not bond LegoTM figures back together or china cup handles, and may seep through thin fabrics. We typically say it is not a “repair glue”; however, we have been told by many customers they are using it for repairs and it is holding really well. Guess it depends upon what is being repaired.
We’re hearing lots of people are loving it for that but please understand that it is a craft glue. It is not labeled in accordance with the FDA’s cosmetic guidelines. Video: Robin Moses Nail Art-Butterflies, Robin Moses Nail Art-Foiled Background
No. This glue does not dry hard and shiny. It dries flexible and tacky.
No. Remember, this glue remains tacky!
Yes. Use plain water to thin the glue if desired. (Use distilled water, if available.) Diluting with water will make glue more “paintable”, but might reduce tackiness.
No, since the original spout on the bottle of the Best Glue Ever™ is designed for precise application and it rarely clogs even when the cap is left off for extended periods of time**. Since it may take a bit of practice and control for the regular tip, many people find the Large NO-CLOG Writing Cap to be extremely helpful for limiting how much comes out especially for those very fine lines and teeny tiny dots which makes gluing die cuts and lacey embellishments a breeze, and also to make the bottle last 2-3 times longer!
**(A little goober may form on the tip that of the spout which should be pulled off with your finger rather than pushed in with a pin.
Yes. It is both flexible and washable. (“Washable” means permanent even when washed, not that it washes out.) Let glue set 24-72 hours to cure before washing. Turn garment inside-out. Though hand washing is recommended, you should be able to machine wash and dry on gentle cycles. If you are trying to remove the glue, try using the BEST CLEANER EVER™.
Yes! It dries clear, and remains tacky and flexible even when dry.
When wet, this water-based glue can be removed with soap and warm water; the less time it has to set up, the easier it will be to remove. When dry, it’s fantastically tacky which makes it so great for embellishments– but that also makes it hard to clean off your hands, tools, table, etc. This is why it’s important to use less than you think you need, being careful and neat in the application.
After the glue has dried, it may be possible to use a polymer eraser to rub off glue from paper .
The easiest and safest way to un-glue your hands, tools, and your projects without leaving any residue is with the BEST CLEANER EVER™. It is 100% safe for skin, has no fumes, and is biodegradable. It is safe AND very effective!
If you apply wet glue to fabric it will bleed through. So, use the fact that The Best Glue Ever™ dries tacky! Apply a thin stream or line of dots to your paper where you want the ribbon to be. Let the glue dry. (This glue dries FAST! When you see it turn from white to clear, it’s dry.) Now apply your ribbon. It will stick and since the glue is dry, there’s no bleed-through! Video: Adhering Ribbon with The Best Glue Ever™
The glue starts to dry immediately. Full drying depends upon how thickly it was applied and what you are gluing. Cardstock to card stock is dry in under 10 seconds. Large adhesive dots may take hours to fully dry. Most things are dry in seconds to minutes.
It is quite strong. It stays stuck unless you actively remove the object. In fact, we use this method to attach ribbon to paper. If you really want to remove the ribbon, you can, but unless you pull it, it won’t simply fall off.
Not if you apply a thin coating. It will be just like a new mat–but maybe better — because you can control the tackiness by how you apply it. So if you find new mats too tacky like we do, your refurbished mats don’t have to be as sticky! (Note: we are not responsible for damage caused by using refurbished mats on your die cut machine.) Video: Re-Stickying Cricut™ Mats
No, the Best Glue Ever™ is latex-free, containing no latex!
Yes! It contains no animal products and we never test on animals.
It is a water-based glue and has no strong odor.
(If you open the lid and sniff directly into the bottle, you can detect a very faint odor.)
I don’t know about your mental state, but you are right about the glue! Use this to your advantage:
- If you’re gluing folded stiff paper that wants to unfold, give it a little bit before pressing and the glue will grab even better.
- If something didn’t get glued well, try just pressing it down without adding more glue.
- If you place dots of glue on your project and wait just a bit, it gets tackier and even easier to use Embellie GellieTM to transfer gems and other embellishments to the glue. (Permanent hold requires wet glue, so you may not want it to let it dry totally to clear. It depends upon what you are gluing and what the project is–totally “dry” adhesive spots may be just what you want! Since even the re-positionable hold is very strong, chances are it will stick just fine!)
There are not two versions of the glue, but it can be either permanent or repositionable depending upon how you use it. (Isn’t that cool???) To understand it better, try this: put a tiny bit on a piece of scrap paper and set it aside. Put a tiny bit on another scrap of paper and put another scrap on top of it. In a matter of seconds, these will be bonded together. It’s permanent! Meanwhile, the first scrap that you allowed to dry is now clear and even tackier than when it was wet. If you stick another scrap on top, it adheres but you can pull it apart and stick it back together–kind of like a Post-It NoteTM–but stronger. That’s re-positionable! Video: Permanent or Repositionable…You Choose!
Always keep from freezing. Keep away from extreme heat. WINTER NOTE: We ship year round and have not had issues–even shipping to Alaska. As a precaution, we add additional high quality “anti-freeze” to our formula to avoid problems during transport, but we can not be responsible for the glue if it is exposed to freezing upon arrival at its destination. As with all glues and paints, keep from freezing!
- last longer
- be neater to use
- dry faster
- have no wrinkling even on thin paper
- …and it will still have a very strong bond!
- Shake glue into tip before applying pressure on the bottle. This gives you better control as it first comes out of the bottle.
- Use the bottle like a pen by touching the tip to the paper. This gives better control as it’s flowing out, so you can make tiny dots, thread-thin lines, and even use the tip for spreading.
Remember…this glue ain’t no ordinary tacky white glue!
You can leave the cap off while crafting without problems. Though not recommended, I have to admit I have left mine off for days and the glue is fine. (It may form a little plug on the tip of the spout which essentially “caps” the glue. If this happens. it’s easy to unplug–just pull it out with your fingernails.)
Typically, there is a little buggery dot of glue that has formed in or on the tip. Simply use your fingernails and literally “pull the plug”! This plug may be what keeps the glue from drying out when it is uncapped for long periods of time. Occasionally, when there is a real clog, use a paperclip or pin to open the tip. Thankfully, this doesn’t happen very often! If your cap is really gunked up, you can wash out the liquid glue out with soap and water. Then fully clean the cap with THE BEST CLEANER EVER™.
- This does-it-(almost) all glue has seriously made glue-converts out of glue-haters.
- Dries fast, clear, and has a super strong hold.
- Adheres a variety of materials including paper, plastic, metal, ceramic, fabric, foam,
wood, rubber and more.
- Bonds paper to paper in seconds without wrinkling.
- Doesn’t run or spread and chunky objects don’t slide while the glue is drying.
- Has a thin tip for writing and detailed applications.
- Use with glitter, flock, and other bling.
- Both repositionable or permanent.
- Wet glue cleans up with soap & water, yet is permanent on fabric.
- Acid-free, nontoxic, non-stringy, and has no fumes!
- Make homemade glue spots just like “Glue Dots™. Inexpensive and simple to make!
- Recondition die cut machine mats and never buy another mat!
- Adhere ribbon to paper without bleeding through.
- Applied thinly, great for transfer foils!
- Super strong so use sparingly–> VERY economical to use!
- Video: Why Best Glue Ever™ was Invented
Use this craft glue for paper, plastic, metal, glass, fabric, fibers, wood, leather, rubber, foam and just about anything else you need to adhere. Also, use it for applying glitter, flock, Flower SoftTM, and other fine bling.
The LARGE caps fits the Best Glue Ever™.
The best way is the one that you find the easiest! With the Best Glue Ever™, you have some choices. Let’s look at this…
……..Here are three ways to adhere a button to a card:
- Dot some glue on the paper and stick the button right onto the wet glue. It will not slide around as the glue is very thick and tacky.
- Apply the glue to the back of the button and let it dry to clear. There will be a sticky spot (like a Glue Dot™) stuck onto the button. Just apply it onto the page and it’s stuck with no chance of oozing glue.
- Make homemade sticky spots (like Glue Dots™) and peel one off onto the button or make sheets of pre-sticky buttons all ready for when you want to use them! Video: Make Homemade Sticky Spots
……..If you’re gluing die cut letters:
- Shake the glue into the tip before you apply any pressure on the bottle so you’ll have maximum control of how much glue comes out.
- Use Embellie Gellie™ to hold the letters as you apply tiny little dots and thread-thin lines of glue to the back of the diescuts.
- Lightly touch the glued letters to your project and they will be stuck fast!
……..Get the idea???
No. They remain just as tacky as the commercially made ones you buy.
No, but use the glue sparingly, as directed. Using a small amount is all you need to get a strong bond, to make the glue last longer, to be neater, and to eliminate wrinkling. (Wrinkling is caused by the water in glues; the more water it contains, the more wrinkles. As the Best Glue Ever™ has minimal water content, it does not run like other water-based glues, does not wrinkle paper, and using only a minimal amount means it lasts a very long time!)